- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Health Sciences / Public Service
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Performance
Certificate of Achievement
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Child Development Program will be able to:
- Develop the ability to anticipate, recognize and successfully work with various learning styles and abilities of children with different needs.
- Apply their knowledge of children's physical, intellectual, social and emotional development to set up a stimulating learning environment and design a multicultural curriculum that involves age-appropriate activities.
- Assess, compare and contrast the ways in which families, childcare facilities, schools, peer groups and the community act as socializing agents for the developing child.
- Participate in student teaching and child observations to better understand behavior management and learn effective problem solving and conflict resolution
- Develop the skills to meet the state of CA licensing requirements for working in centers, schools and child care homes as teachers, administrators or supervisors.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.