YOU’RE INVITED: WE’RE LEARNING TOO: FALL KICKOFF!
Sept. 5th, 10AM – 11AM, LRC/LOFT 435
What is Lynda.com?
Never stop learning! Lynda.com is a library of online video courses which we get for free. Yes, free! There are over 5000 captioned courses on Lynda.com, with a broad range of topics including Photography, Design, Video, Business, Education, Technology, Programming. The list is growing with new and updated titles weekly. To get the full courses, you need to sign-up for an account, but here are a few free excerpt examples (no login req’d):
- Communication tutorial: Building rapport
- Productivity tutorial: Writing a letter of recommendation
- User experience tutorial: Understanding the benefits of user-centered design
- Freeze Panes in Excel
- Google Drive tutorial: What is Google Drive?
- Can my students get free Lynda.com accounts too?
- No, these free accounts are for CCC employees with sdccd.edu addresses, in our case.
- That being said, Lynda.com has tons of their videos available for free to anyone on their LinkedIn YouTube channel.
- Can I login directly to Lynda.com?
- No, to use the free account, you have to create an account and login through the PLN.
- Can I watch these videos on my smartphone?
- I haven’t figured this out. I don’t think we can because of how our account works through the PLN. If you figure it out, then let me know. #neverstoplearning
- Is Lynda.com the same as LinkedIn?
- LinkedIn purchased Lynda.com so they are branding their videos/courses together now.