CRI: Course redesign Institute
The Summer Institute and Course Redesign Institute have partnered this year!
If you are interested in attending The Summer Institute and you are a PT or FT Faculty member at San Diego Mesa College you are eligible to apply to receive a .25 Extended Service Credit (ESU). The approximate amount that you are eligible to receive is $252.11
Faculty members who participate in the CRI learn enhanced tools and practices to:
- Identify and apply innovative teaching practices through a culturally competent lens.
- Identify and apply instructional design principles.
- Identify appropriate uses for technology for their course.
- Explain and demonstrate ways to engage students.
- Collaborate with faculty to foster a community of practice in excellence in teaching and learning.
- Explore Open Education Resource (OER) materials.
CRI Outcomes for the classroom
- Improved student learning
- Increased course completion rates
- Improved retention
- Increased student and faculty satisfaction with restructured modes of instruction
- Decreased equity gaps in student outcomes
Participant Agreement: This opportunity is funded by Student Success and Equity at Mesa College. You are eligible for a .25 ESU if you are a Full Time or Part Time faculty member at Mesa College and fulfill the requirements below. All items must be checked off as a condition to receive .25 ESU*:
Participate in The Summer Institute for all four days – May 28, 29, 30, 31, 2019. Register HERE for the Summer Institute.
Select one deliverable to submit in Fall 2019:
Option A: Present TSI inspired work at a Department, School, or Flex workshop in the LOFT before November 2019.
Option B: Submit redesigned teaching practice to the Teaching Tree.
Option C: Submit a proposal to present at The Catalyst Conference at Mesa (January 22, 2020) or The Summer Institute (May, 2020). (Please note: This is a submission and does not guarantee session placement in the above activities.)
Complete survey/evaluations related to TSI work.
Submit selected deliverable to Dr. Janue Johnson-Seaton. (Details will follow once your
application is received).
Please review the participant agreement and APPLY HERE to earn .25 ESU for TSI participation.
For more information, email Janue Johnson, Professional Learning Coordinator or call the LOFT at (619) 388-5000.