ContactSan Diego Mesa College Foundation
7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
The Fall Semester round is due September 29th, 2017.
Fall 2017 Mini-Grant request form
What is a Mini-Grant?
An award of up to $1,500 that is granted to support innovative projects, activities, and equipment that positively impact student success.
How can I get a Mini-Grant?
Submit a completed application form—found here and attached—via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, September 29th. (Hint: Be sure to get an early start to allow time for gathering necessary signatures: the Dean and Vice President of your department.)
How are decisions made?
Applications are be reviewed by the Executive Staff and recommendations are sent to the Mesa College Foundation Board of Directors for final funding decisions.
What types of projects does the Foundation support?
The Mesa College Foundation focuses on projects that 1) positively impact student success, 2) align with Mesa’s strategic goals, and 3) deliver innovation. Stipends/salary for staff and scholarships for students are not eligible expenses. Examples of past projects that have been awarded include:
- A trip on a research vessel for oceanography and other science students to experience first-hand what it is to be aboard a boat collecting samples
- A literary reading, panel, and reception for Veterans to bring the Veteran community together and showcase an anthology of veteran stories of returning home
- Start-up costs for The Stand to bring food and other basic needs items to students facing housing and food insecurity
- A Financial Literacy speaker series to help students learn how to manage their finances
- Manuals for specialized data analysis software to help Psychology students learn about psychological research
Where do I go if I have more questions?
Contact Krista Stellmacher, Director of Resource Development, at ext. 5858, in office A-111, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.