To facilitate meaningful dialogue and assessment practices which support the ongoing improvement of student learning and institutional effectiveness. To provide planning, support, facilitation, communication, andleadership that will enable the achievement of college goals pertaining to learning assessment.
1. Facilitate compliance with accreditation requirements.
2. Envision what would constitute "Sustainable Continous Quality Improvement" at Mesa College; provide
guidelines/benchmarks and support for its implementation.
3. Enhance digital presence and online tools (including enhanced resources and user-friendliness of web
4. Facilitate the sharing and discussion of effective assessment practices across SLOs and AUOs, for
example, Community of Practice.
5. Continue to evaluate Mesa College's assessment resources & systems/mechanisms/structures and
provide recommendations in support of continuous improvement.
6. Expand meaninful institutional-level learning assessments.
7. Engage in robust dialogue about the results of college-wide learning assessment.
1. Review new ACCJC rubric and define how SCQI could best be achieved at Mesa, utilizing stakeholder
2. Develop LATF website with enhanced resources and high impact practices at the local, state, and
national levels (incl. "how to" tools)
3. Communicate evidence of learning outcomes at Mesa.
4. Support the planning and implementation of campus-wide opportunities for sharing effective practices,
discussion and analysis of findings, and future institutional planning in this sphere.
5. Fine-tune Taskstream by a) developing a wish list; and b) supporting an enhanced ability to retreive data
from Taskstream in a useful format.
6. Evaluate Taskstream.
7. Run an institution-level ILO assessment report from Taskstream; Evaluate results and make
recommendations to PIE regarding future institutional-level learning assessment.
8. Review assessment models from other colleges; devise and implement assessment of ILOs, GE, etc.