Student permits are available for purchase during registration on Reg-e, or at Student Accounting, I4-106.
Permits purchased August 18–29, 2014 can be picked up in the I400 Building at the 4th Floor Information Desk. Permit distribution hours are Monday-Thursday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and Fridays from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Parking permits can also be picked up during SPECIAL STUDENT SERVICES CENTER SUMMER EXTENDED HOURS: Fri., 8/15 -- 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sat., 8/16 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Permits purchased after August 29, 2014 must be picked up at the College Police Office, Q-100 (parking structure).
Permits purchased prior to August 12, 2014 will be mailed.
All other times, parking permits are available in the College Police Office, Q-100.
1. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TWO-WEEK STUDENT GRACE PERIOD? The elimination of the grace period was suggested by the Associated Student Government bodies at City, Mesa and Miramar colleges, and approved by the Management Services Council in the hope that additional revenue received from daily permit sales might mitigate the need to increase student semester parking fees to $40 or more. Parking permits are required to park in all student lots (including the National Guard Armory) beginning the first day of the semester.
2. WHERE CAN I PURCHASE MY PARKING PERMIT? It’s easiest to purchase your permit through Reg-e or at the Student Mesa Accounting Office (I4-106). You will need a new permit for each new semester: fall, spring and summer. Student parking permits purchased at least one week before the start of each semester will be mailed. Permits purchased after that must be picked up at Mesa College Police Q-100 (your student I.D. is required).
3. WHERE DO I PURCHASE DAILY PARKING PERMITS? Visitors and students who have not purchased their semester parking permit at least one week prior to the first day of classes will need to purchase a daily parking permit from machines located in most student parking lots. Daily permits can be purchased for $1 per hour up to $5 a day maximum. Machines -- which accept only cash or coins -- can be found on the west end of Lot 1 next to the information booth, at the south entrance of Lots 2 and 3, on the west entrance of Lot 4 and next to each elevator on all floors of the parking structure.
4. WHERE CAN STUDENTS PARK ON CAMPUS? Students can park in Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, in the Parking Structure (PS-100), in the Lot behind the Allied Health building and in student spaces along Mesa College Drive. Do not park in areas marked "Faculty and Staff Parking" or you will be cited. Carpool parking is available along Mesa College Circle near the tennis courts. HC-ADA parking is available in all lots. Permits are required in all spaces except HC-ADA spaces (license plates or placards required). Students attending evening classes can park in faculty/staff parking spaces designated as "FLEX" spaces (see below).
5. WHAT IS "FLEX" PARKING? Students with a valid parking permit can now park in STAFF parking spaces that are located along Mesa College Circle between the tennis courts and parts of Lot #1 after 4:00 p.m. Watch for FLEX signs. Do not park in faculty/staff parking spaces NOT indicated "FLEX."
6. IS THERE OFF-CAMPUS PARKING? An additional 200 parking spaces are available at the NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY, 7401 MESA COLLEGE DRIVE. Note that parking is available in the rear lot and NOT the front parking lot which is reserved for Armory staff. We are hoping to contract for a long term agreement with the Armory so we request your assistance in being good neighbors. Please watch for and obey signs posted.
Permits are required to park on all campuses of the San Diego Community College District, Monday through Friday, 7a.m. until 10 p.m. Permits are not required on Saturdays, Sundays or SDCCD holidays. Parking is only allowed while actually attending or participating in campus sponsored classes or events and no overnight parking is allowed without prior approval and a permit from campus police.
Visitor/Meter Parking spaces are available on campus. Mesa College has ten (10) free visitor parking spaces in Lot #1 in front of the Student Services Center and on Mesa College Circle in front of the Administration (A-100) Bldg. Parking permits are not valid at posted visitor parking and no student or staff parking are allowed in these spaces. Violators may be may be cited.
Free parking in designated lots may be made available for special events, such as Art Gallery openings; please refer to the hosting department.
Daily parking permit machines are located in most student parking lots. Daily permits can be purchased for $1 per hour up to $5 a day maximum. Machines -- which accept only cash or coins -- can be found on the west end of Lot 1 next to the information booth, at the south entrance of Lots 2 and 3, on the west entrance of Lot 4 and next to each elevator on all floors of the parking structure.
Student permits are available for purchase during registration on Reg-e, or at the Mesa Accounting Office. Permits are only valid for the current semester. Permits purchased after the semester begins must be picked up at the College Police Office. Please see more at left.