- Global Awareness
- Guided Pathways
- Hispanic Serving Institution
- Student Success & Equity
- Humanities Institute
About the Humanities Institute
Since it began as a campus-wide initiative in September of 1990, the Humanities Institute has supported the work of faculty and staff to bring diverse programming/events (including organizing and sponsoring conferences, guest speaker series, and community partnerships) to Mesa College. In the past, this was made possible by having a full-time faculty member and staff support to coordinate this level of work with the campus.
The Mesa College Humanities Institute serves as an internal vehicle for cultural, interdisciplinary, and Mesa College community priorities. All institute activities are intended to increase student engagement, recruitment, and retention.
Request for Funding 2018-2019 School Year will be released in April 2018
The current Humanities Institute works to:
- Provide a funding base for faculty and staff to use for coordinating/organizing programs/events that promote our mission of working to serve as an internal vehicle for cultural, Interdisciplinary and San Diego Mesa College community priorities.
- Provide support to complete paperwork related to funded programming/events.
- Provide a network of campus and community partners for publicizing programming/events through email and print.
Resources for the Humanities
- Community College Humanities Association
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- California Council for the Humanities
- California Arts Council
- San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture
For more information contact: George Ye, Humanities Institute Coordinator, email@example.com / 619-388-2304.
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSckwHG_Pvb7cuoh4von73AD7HG9-NhJ5UoBL2qyZ-YH_pEkyg/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>