- Global Awareness
- Hispanic Serving Institution
- Student Success & Equity
- Humanities Institute
Hispanic Serving Institution
What does it mean to be an Hispanic Serving Institution?
Mesa College is proud to be formally designated as an “Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI)” for the past two years. One of the primary criteria to be designated as such is that a college must have a Latino student enrollment of at least 25%. As of Fall 2013, Mesa had a Latino student enrollment of 33%, which is more than double of what it was about a decade ago in Fall 2002, when the Latino student population was at 14.8%. Based on demographic trends, this percentage is expected to rise.
- ¡Excelencia in Education!
- Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- Alliance of Hispanic Serving Institution Educators
- Southern California Consortium of Hispanic Serving Institutions
- HSI Fact Sheet
- Latino Report Infographic
- Report: HSIs by Location, 2015-16
- Data: 2015-2016 - click on image to view
- Report: From Capacity to Success: HSIs, Title V and Latino Students
- Infographic - click on image to view